- In response to the opioid epidemic, the 2017 Nevada Legislature passed Assembly Bill 474. Below you will find a white paper and prescribing chart that summarizes the bill. Do not hesitate to contact our office for any questions.
White Paper Publication AB 474
AB 474 Chart
- APRN Continuing Education Event, click here for more information. To access the live-stream presentation, go to www.leg.state.nv.us and click on upcoming meetings and scroll down to September 22 8:30 AM. There will be a link to live-stream the meeting at that time.
- Apprentice Nurse Skills List has been updated
- The Nevada State Board of Nursing through Governor Brian Sandoval has received a bill to proceed forward with the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact during the 2017 Legislative Session. Assembly Bill 18 puts forward the latest in nursing compacts from National Council State Board of Nursing. The new compact includes uniform licensure requirements including criminal background checks. Audiences interested in the bill may view it here or follow it on the legislative website.
- NEW INFORMATION REGARDING APRN PRACTICE IN NEVADA:
- Nevada Opioid Prescribing Guidelines for APRNs
- APRN Postgraduate Equivalencies for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practicioners
- Press Release on Regulations
The following proposed regulations were adopted and effective as of April 5, 2016
Nursys e-Notify is a free of charge innovative nurse licensure notification system where you receive real-time notifications about your personal license or for the licenses of nurses employed at your institution. The system provides licensure and publicly available discipline data directly to you.
| Nursys provides online verification to a nurse requesting to practice in another state and nurse license lookup reports to employers and the general public.
The Nursys licensure and disciplinary database is the repository of the data provided directly from the Nevada State Board of Nursing and is primary source equivalent
Contact the Nevada State Board of Nursing
NV.gov - The official website of the state of Nevada.