The Nevada Nurse Practice Act (NRS 632.2856) requires providers of Nursing Assistant Training Programs (NATP) to obtain approval from the Nevada State Board of Nursing. The training program required for certification as a nursing assistant must consist of 75 hours of instruction with no less than 60 hours of theory and learning skills in a laboratory setting. Nursing Assistant Training Programs are due for annual renewal before August 1st.
Nursing Assistant Training Program Resources
- Training Programs for Nursing Assistants (review NAC 632.721—NAC 632.805)
- Training Programs; tests; regulations (review NRS 632.2856)
- Nevada State Board of Nursing CNA Skills Guidelines
- Code of Federal Regulation (review 42 C.F.R. § 483.151- 42 C.F.R. § 483.154)
- CPE (nv.gov) Commission on Postsecondary Education
- More questions contact NSBN