Disciplinary and Licensure/Certification Actions
If the Nevada State Board of Nursing receives information that a nurse or nursing assistant may have broken the law (the Nevada Nurse Practice Act), the Board has the authority to investigate.
It will only investigate if the complaint is received in writing, names a nurse or nursing assistant who is licensed or certified in the state of Nevada, is signed by the person making the complaint, and alleges a violation of the Nurse Practice Act.
Before disciplinary action is taken, the Board ensures the nurse or nursing assistant is given due process, which requires giving adequate notice and description of the charges, and a hearing or the opportunity for a hearing.
The individual also has the right to a formal hearing, the right to an attorney, the right to not participate in an informal hearing, the right to not sign anything, the right to see the complaint, and the right to appeal.
If the evidence doesn’t support the allegations, the complaint may be dismissed or closed. If the evidence does support the allegations, the Board can take disciplinary action against the individual.
Disciplinary action can include denial, reprimand, fine, suspension, probation, or revocation of a license or certificate. The Board considers each case individually.
The disciplinary penalty is determined based on a number of factors which include the severity and recency of the offense, degree of deviation from standard practice, evidence of rehabilitation, current ability to practice safely, mitigating factors, and past disciplinary history.
The law gives the Board an alternative option--a very successful program which allows qualified, chemically dependent nurses and nursing assistants to re-enter the workforce in a paced sequence. It also monitors their recovery to ensure the safety of their patients.
Questions? Call the Nevada State Board of Nursing, toll free, 1-888-590-6726.
Do not use this information to verify the status of someone's licensure or certification.
for licensure/certification verification.
Click on the hyperlinks below to view the disciplinary actions for the stated time periods. To search for individual names, you may use the "Find" function under "Edit" on the menu line at the top of your browser.
- September 28, 2013 through November 8, 2013
- August 14, 2013 through September 27, 2013
- June 5, 2013 through August 13, 2013
- April 24, 2013 through June 4, 2013
- January 26, 2013 through April 23, 2013
- November 20, 2012 through January 25, 2013
- September 29, 2012 through November 19, 2012
- August 30, 2012 through September 28, 2012
- June 2, 2012 through August 29th, 2012
- March 29, 2012 through June 1, 2012
- March 9, 2012 through March 28, 2012
- December 15, 2011 through March 9, 2012
- October 4, 2011 through December 14, 2011
- August 10, 2011 through October 3, 2011
- June 7, 2011 through August 9, 2011
- March 29, 2011 through June 6, 2011
- January 29, 2011 through March 28, 2011
- December 7, 2010 through January 28, 2011
- September 29, 2010 through December 6, 2010
- June 5, 2010 through September 28, 2010
- March 27, 2010 through June 4, 2010
- January 30, 2010 through March 26, 2010
- December 16, 2009 through January 29, 2010